- You must have a valid ND permit before you can sign up for lessons.
- Phone 701-491-7170 to visit with us regarding your questions, our contract, and to schedule lessons.
- Be mindful that a driving appointment is not held until a contract is made.
- At the time of your lesson, the instructor will show up 10-15 minutes early to take care of the contract, payment, and visit with a parent or guardian.
- Orientation on adjustments, car controls, and driving protocol.
- Depending on experience, driving streets or roads with minimal traffic.
- Driving time is limited to two continuous hours. A thirty minute break is required following every two continuous hours of training per day for an individual student, but not to exceed a total of four hours per day.
- See the curriculum for topics covered.
- Lessons will be video recorded for safety reasons.
What to wear?
- Do NOT wear flip flops as they can become stuck in a peddle. Wear closed toe shoes.
What to bring?
- Your valid ND permit. You cannot drive without a permit. If you lose or misplace your permit, notify the instructor.
- Glasses or contacts if restricted on your permit.
- Bottle water is permitted in the car when the vehicle is stopped. No food or other drink is permitted in the car.
- Cell phone or smart phone – they must be off during driving but can be used during a break.
- Bring extra money, if you like, in case a break is taken at a convenience store or fast-food restaurant.
- Bring sunglasses or a hat, if you like, to reduce sun glare.
Can I bring a friend?
- No, unless they have a contract to drive with Valley Driver Education. If you pair up with another person, we can drive into Fargo for city driving.